Ceramic Intentions was born out of a ceramic studio run by Suzanne and Neil in Sandon, near Chelmsford in Essex. They ran a making and teaching studio called Butts Green Pottery for more than 10 years. In the summer of 2013 Neil and Suzanne moved to Hampshire, purchasing their current property in 2014. Over the last 3 years Neil and Suzanne have gradually developed their studio facilities based in Denmead, Hampshire.
We have a fully equipped pottery studio, including
- 5 High quality electric throwing wheels
- Multiple kilns, including electric, gas (for reduction) and raku
- A range of underglazes and glazes
- A range of clays
- A large work area for preparing clay, glazing, hand-building, etc.
- A Spray Booth with extraction.
- Hot and Cold water and Sink.
- A Wood Burning Stove to keep us warm
We run occasional specialist classes and courses, however we are currently taking a break from this due to other career commitments, as well as a wish to spend more time on developing our own portofolio of ceramic work.